Saturday, September 15, 2007

Philly

Here's the update for those of you who have asked. This blog will hopefully be less about me in the future and more stories or thoughts on life, but for those of you want to know:

The story of my last couple of weeks in Philadelphia is that I've been reading like a mad woman! The reading is sooo interesting though, I really have no complaints. I'm loving both my program and my classmates. I thoroughly my enjoy my cohort both inside and outside of classes.

The living situation has been really great so far. The family took me to the shore w/ them for Labor Day, so I got to spend 3 lovely days reading about development on the beach. Natasha's very sweet. We've had a good time jump roping, making short videos on my camera, attempting to play songs out of her piano books, reading scary stories, taking the dog on walks. it's a nice and needed break from studying when I am watching her.

The transition to life out here hasn't been all roses and butterflies, but it's steadily improved over these first few weeks. I definitely miss friends, running buddies, house church (and community in general), being able to drive home to Wisconsin quick on weekends, and nights spent easily chatting away with roommates and other people I would see regularly in MN. But I'm also studying some of the most interesting stuff I ever have in my life, and am loving being around and having great conversations with people who have similar passions. I feel very blessed to be in a program studying precisely what I've always (well since high school) wanted to learn about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home