Monday, September 18, 2006

a tale of many ands...

Sorry friends, it’s been a while. I have a couple of stories to tell you, but first of all, let’s do a quick recap of the last month or so.

Housewarming is fun, as is having family over. So are… new grills, fires out on the patio, busy days at work (so much less boring!), trips to Stillwater, people I love returning to health, book club at Bruegger’s, the Renaissance Festival, church outside on a beautiful day, movie nights w/ fabulous former roomies, 3-year-olds Birthday parties, Maria’s corn pancakes, the state fair, a Storyhill concert, etc, etc.

And… the Boundary Waters. Yes, the Boundary Waters are most certainly fabulous. I took my very first day off of this job the Friday before Labor Day to spend 4 whole days w/ some great people from house church on and around Sawbill Lake. We camped, canoed, jumped off cliffs (into water, of course), played cards, read from the Bible out on the lake, played cards out on the lake, swam, laid on rocks, watched sunsets, ate smores every night, saw the first of fall colors, sang a lot of random songs, and listened to… the quiet. That’s right, it was quiet. And so green. And blue. And absolutely beautiful.

Next week has another little trip in store… I leave Tuesday evening for Philadephia. I’ll visit Eastern University Wednesday, and will be at the Christian Community Development Association’s annual conference Thursday through Sunday. Hooray for time off, and everything else wrapped up in that trip that I’m quite excited for. I’m praying God will use this trip to tell me some stories about my next few years as well. Whether He wants me at school in Philly, if He wants me to take the development route, or perhaps He wants me to just Go (or stay and be patient). You’re prayers on this matter are also welcomed and encouraged =).

And stories will have to wait for another day. Perhaps tomorrow, we shall see. You waited a month, what’s another day, right? That is, assuming there are still a few of you who haven’t yet given up on me, even in light of my past unfaithfulness. Love to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home