Saturday, September 15, 2007

little cuties

As promised long ago... the end of my month in Haiti. This is a picture of me w/ the group after the program, the last night I was there. Just after this, they set up a veritable feast - bread, lunch meat, and pieces of candy (all foods they very rarely eat), and after that we had a big old dance party! It was a really nice send-off. We stayed up way too late, and I left early the next morning. Driving away from that orphanage was hard... having no idea if or when I'd be back. Putting more and more distance between me and these people I came to love so much. I really hope to see them again. That said though, I'm still looking more toward Africa for my internship after grad school. God is continually molding and shaping my interests, desires, thoughts on development, etc. through this program so I'm still really unsure what the next years will look like. At the moment, I'm studying up on microfinance, caring for street kids and orphans, and organizations that work with refugees... mostly in eastern DRC. If anyone knows of a great organization doing one of those things (in the DRC, or elsewhere), send me contact info, or a link to their website. I'm studying up on as many organizations as I can before we get into actually applying for internships.

To see more pictures from Haiti, go to:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2025866&l=24e83&id=59202529

1 Comments:

At 5:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How different your life, values, and generation are from mine, one who grew up during the depression (went hungry sometimes) and enlisted to fight in WWII!

bosbo@aol.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home