Friday, March 24, 2006

More joy to share

If last week's props went out to line dancing, this week's belong no doubt to a fabulous band I like to call Nickel Creek. The 6 hours of driving (preceded by an oil change that turned into an oil change plus replaced belt plus tire rotation plus the replacement of something that I don't know what is plus I have to go back to have my power steering fluid flushed) on Wednesday were SO WELL WORTH IT to see this wonderful band, as well as about a million people that I love dearly and don't talk to enough. I'd also like to thank my friends Julia and Katherine (for being so important to the winning of this Oscar... err...) for being great co-adventurers on the journey that was Wednesday night.

Black highway all night ride
Watching the times fall away to the side
Clear channel way down low
Is comin’ in loud and my mind let go

Back babe, back in time
I wanna go back when you were mine
-Gillian Welch, covered by Nickel Creek. So great.

2 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got scammed by the auto shop...They pray on innocent young women. :)
-Rachel

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Mikhal Rebekah said...

Oh don't worry I am aware and careful. That stuff really did need to be done though. The old belt actually looked pretty scary!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home